Technical moulded parts
High-quality polyurethanes are also used for moldings with high wear resistance and semi-finished products such as round, square, rectangular and tubular bars, ready to be sawn, drilled, turned or milled.
Technical mouldings are available in Vulkollan® and Printhane™.
Printhane™ is the collective name of the polyurethane elastomers developed by Vulkoprin for extreme application areas.
Printhane-B™ 85 is a polyurethane that was developed mainly for technical applications.
Due to its adapted chemistry, Printhane-B™ 85 is exceptionally well suited for wear, abrasion and cushioning.
The nominal hardness of 85 shore A offers a good compromise between mechanical stiffness and elasticity resulting in good wear resistance.
The material is very suitable for the following applications:
- Scraper in the concrete industry
- Concrete preparedness (shape piece)
- Protection of components in jet cabins
- Templates for blasting
- Pull blocks in extrusion, pulltrusion, cable laying machines
- Support blocks, holders, positioning blocks for automotive industry
- Beam/paint-street templates
- Vibrating gutters, hoppers, …
- Cutting rules, caps, press plates
- Protection lifting hooks for coils
- Tool holders
- Pig’s toy (“pig’s doughnut”)
- Snow blower plates
Printhane-R™ (“PR” – 85 Shore D) This is a rigid PU for use in applications with thick-walled plastic parts, that have to be impact-resistant, elastic and non-deforming. This material is a great alternative to parts in milled engineering plastics (polyamide, POM, …). PR has fire-retarding properties as well (UL94 grade V0). PR wheel centers covered with Vulkollan® or Printhane can offer a soluton in some applications where corrosion is a problem. Speeds and loads need to be adjusted to this ‘all plastic’-combination.
This material is a great alternative to pieces in milled technical plastics (PA, POM, …).